Monday, March 1, 2010

This is a follow up from the last post. Thought I'd show the steps, so here it goes. I know I'm not breaking any new grounds or anything, this is just for fun. I just did close ups of the dog for this example.
1. For foreground elements I usually outline them first using a different brush that looks kind of like a paint brush with thicker paint. You can click on the images for a larger view.
Danny Moore Illustration Shoe Trouble Ink
2. Then I use the other brush I was talking about and fill in the flat colors.
Danny Moore Illustration Shoe Trouble Flat
3. Next, I rough in the shading and highlights using the same brush at 90% opacity.
Shoe Trouble Rough
4. Finally I smooth it out with the brush at 40% opacity and selecting colors back and forth between the middle colors and the highlights or shading. That's about it.
Danny Moore Illustration Shoe Trouble Smooth

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this series of posts! It was enlightening.

    ReplyDelete

 
Search Engine Submission - AddMe